Information for customers regarding COVID-19
We’re here for you
Supporting each other and being stewards of health in our communities is more critical than ever to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Your safety, your pet’s safety, as well as the safety of our employees, is of the utmost importance to us. We are closely following the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and we have a strong, resilient business to weather the challenges.
Supporting our customers
Alleviating the stress associated with unexpected vet bills by providing customers with affordable pet insurance plans is why we're in business. There are a number of changes we've made to our polices, as well as existing features included in our plans that can help during this time:
- We're freezing current premium rates with no rate increases (for customers whose anniversary dates fall between April 1 and June 30th)
- Customers can submit claims electronically (through your customer portal and via email)
- Coverage for virtual vet visits
- Direct deposit for claims reimbursements
- We cover boarding and kennel fees if you need to be hospitalized
- Compassionate customer care – if you’re facing financial hardship, please contact us to discuss your options.
Here's what we're doing to support employees:
- While our offices remain open to allow people access to equipment or files that they need, we have asked employees who can work from home to do so
- For employees who were not set up to work from home previously, we are working with a sense of urgency to equip as many people as possible to work from home, as well as maintaining social distancing in the meantime
- We adjusted our policies to take pressure off people - anyone who needs to can focus on supporting their families and maintaining their own wellness, without worrying about balancing home and work-life
- We are avoiding any in-person meetings, and holding virtual/phone meetings instead
If you need to submit a claim:
To contribute to ensuring claim payments can be processed quickly and efficiently, you can switch your claim reimbursement method to direct deposit. Please visit the Claims section in your customer portal to update your information, or call us at 1.844.744.6862. Remember, you can submit your claim online by uploading a photo of your claim form and receipt.
You are a valued customer and we continue to be committed to taking care of you and your pet.
You can contact us as usual:
Please note, our hours for phone, email and live chat have changed:
Monday – Thursday 8:00AM – 10:00PM EST
Friday 8:00AM-9:00PM EST
Saturday 9:00AM-8:00PM EST
We’ll continue to monitor the situation, and we’ll update this page if anything changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Stay safe. We’re all in this together.